House Lamontagne in Rimouski
House built towards 1750 by Marie-Agnès Lepage
(Daughter of Pierre Lepage
and Marie-Anne Trépagny)
and her husband, Basile Côté
«Marie-Agnès Lepage marries Basile Côté in 1744. The father of the bride - the lord Pierre Lepage - offers the couple a large lot in Rimouski. The young household is building the house to 1750. At that time, the property consists of a main building square plan pierfrost pierroté. Geneviève Côté, the daughter of Marie-Agnès Lepage, has an extension built at the residence in 1810. The new main building has a frame in posts on sole. These techniques are not very adapted to the Quebec climate, the walls of the house are covered with plaster and wood during its history. The house passes into the hands of the Lamontagne family in 1844, and Lamontagne owns it until 1920. The house Lamontagne is classified historical monument in 1974. The Ministry of Cultural Affairs acquires and restores it. Ceased to the municipality of Rimouski in 1994, it now houses an interpretation center where part of the archaeological collection is particularly highlighted. "
Directory of Cultural Properties and Boroughs of Quebec
Culture and Communications, Quebec.