Park Lepage, Whitehorse, Yukon
Ce LePage Park is located in Whitehorse, Yukon at the corner of Wood Street and 3rd Avenue. It is only 2 blocks from the main street. It was erected in honor of the family of Mr. and Mrs. AR Happy Lepage as a reward for their role in the development of the territory. The Lepage family operated lumber camps along the Yukon River for BYN Company between 1928 and 1949.
Lepage Park has 3 historic buildings and an amphitheater built in the center of the park by the city of Whitehorse. Four organizations have contributed to the development of this park: the Association of Yukon Communities, the Yukon Arts Society, the Art Gallery and the Yukon Historical Museums Association's.
Originally the land had a small frame building with an addition attached to the back, built between 1900 and 1904 and owned by William Donnenworth. Then in 1963 the property became the residence of AR Happy Lepage and his family. The Lepages, Happy and his wife Pauline, lived there from 1963 to 1978. This residence was then bought in 1984 by the city of Whitehorse, renovated and converted into an office of the YHMA.
Amy R Happy Lepage is the son of
Felix-Urbain Lepage and Marie-Anne Lemieux,
married November 25, 1902, in Causapscal, Qc,
Happy married maria Pauline Leskesek.
They had Phyllis and Amy LePage as children in the Yukon.