Some historical dates
1652: To 1652, marriage of Germain Lepage and Reine Lory, in Ouanne, Burgundy, France,
1656: Baptism of René Lepage, son of Germain Lepage, in Ouanne, Burgundy.
1661: Arrival in Quebec of Germain and Louis Lepage, son of Etienne Lepage and Nicole Berthelot. They have a commitment of 3 years before settling permanently. Louis and Germain had come here as scouts "with the caution of certain migratory birds".
1663: Celebration of the first Mass on the south shore of the St. Lawrence by Jesuit Father Henri Nouvel; this place is then called Pointe-au-Père.
1664: the 9 July, the name of Germain Lepage appears for the first time in the national archives. This is the land grant by Mrs D'Ailleboust to "take in the fief and seigniory of Argentenay in the list of the northern coast of the coasts".
1664: the engagement of Germain and Louis is finished. Marie-Barbe de Boulogne, wife of Louis D'Ailleboust, grants them a few acres to take in the seigneury of Argentenay, in the parish of Sainte-Famille, Ile-d'Orléans
1664: the June 3, confirmation of Germain Lepage in Quebec City.
1667: the August 24, marriage of Louis Lepage and Sébastienne Loignon.
1670: Arrival of the ancestor Jean Pagési, native of Gémozac, France and its confirmation by Mgr Laval in Quebec.
1670: August 16, wedding of the ancestor Pierre-Charles Lefrançois said Lepage (native of La Rochelle) and Marie-Madeleine Gaumond.
1672: October 24, Germain and Louis Lepage decide to share their farm in two.
1672: Arrival of Germain's wife, Marie-Reine Lory, Constance (sister of Germain and Louis), René and Etienne (the father of Germain and Louis). They are present at the baptism of the 3e daughter of Louis en1673. Reine Lory is godmother.
1673: the August 14, brothers Germain and Louis Lepage sell their land to the Hospitalières de Québec for 415 tournaments.
1674: Marriage of Constance Lepage (sister of Germain and Louis) and François Garinet (Garnier).
1677: The Lepage move to St. Francois, IO south side of the island. Germain is in 152 and Louis is 151.
1681: at the census of 1681, Louis 40 years and Sebastienne Loignon, his wife, 30 years, own 1 rifle, 11 horned beasts, 12 arpents of land in cultivation
1684: The February 14, marriage of the ancestor Jean-Baptiste Pagési dit St-Amant (and Lepage) and Marie-Catherine Gladu in Cap-de-la-Madeleine. They had 5 children.
1686: Marriage of René Lepage and Marie-Madeleine Gagnon aged 15. They will have 17 kids.
1688: Death of Constance Lepage in St-François, IO
1688: Concession of a seigneury (2 frontages on 2 deep leagues, including Saint-Barnabé Island) by Governor Denonville and Intendant Champigny to Augustin Rouer de Villeray and La Cardonnière who named it Rimouski and Saint-Barnabé .
1690: the 22 August 1690, birth of Louis Lepage, priest, canon and lord of Terrebonne in St-François de l'Ile-d'Orléans ..
1692: 26 October, baptism of Jean-Baptiste Pagési, son, in Lachine.
1693: Governor Louis de Buade, Earl of Frontenac, and Intendant Bochart de Champigny concede to René Lepage a seigneury a league front on two deep, behind the stronghold of Lespinay, located at the Rivière-du-Sud (near of Cap-Saint-Ignace) and whom he called "Sainte-Claire".
1694: the 10 July, the Sieur de la Cordonnière offers René Lepage of Sainte-Claire to exchange his land of Ile-d'Orléans for the seigneury of Rimouski, which belonged to Augustin Rouer de la Cordonnière since 1688.
1695: the 27 April, death of Jean Pagési says St-Amant-Lepage.
1696: Concession of a seigniory (1 1 / 2 front on 2 deep leagues) by Governor Frontenac and intendant Champigny to Pierre de Lessard and Barbe Fortin, his wife, who named Pointe-au-Père.
1696: René Lepage of Sainte-Claire and his wife, followed by Germain Lepage, leave Ile-d'Orléans to settle in Rimouski, with his 4 first children. The others will be born in Rimouski. 4 girls will become religious. Their son Louis will be priest and lord of Terrebonne.
XNUMX: Reine Lory, Germain's wife, passed away on February XNUMX XNUMX. Germain was widowed when he left Ile-d'Orléans for Rimouski.
1696: René Lepage, with Gabriel Thibierge, acquires the seigniory of L'Anse-aux-Coques (Ste-Luce), which will be called seigneury Lepage-Thibierge. Gabriel Thibierge is the husband of Marie-Madeleine Lepage, the daughter of Louis Lepage and Sébastienne Loignon.
1698: The ancestor Antoine Pagé-Lepage says St-Antoine marries Madeleine Colin in Longueuil. They will have 16 kids.
1702: Death of Sébastienne Loignon in St-François, IO 3 December 1702.
1703: August 25, René Lepage acquires the Pachot fief at Rivière-Métis. He also obtained part of the seigneury Lessard, from Pierre Lessard (Pointe-au-Père or La Mollaye)
1710: Death of Louis Lepage at St-Francois, IO 27 November 1710.
1712: Construction of the first chapel in Rimouski.
1715: On April 6, Mgr de Saint-Valier ordained Louis Lepage priest and immediately sent him to minister as parish priest in the parish of Île-Jésus, near Montreal.
1717: Germain Lepage's Testament
1718: Death of the lord-founder René Lepage of Rimouski at the age of 62 years. The lordship, M.-Magdeleine Gagnon survived him 26 years.
1720: Louis Lepage, parish priest, buys the seigneury of Terrebonne for 10 000 livres, creates the "les Bois" mission and builds the first chapel.
1723: Date of canonical foundation of the parish of Saint-Louis de Terrebonne.
1723: Death of Germain Lepage in Rimouski.
1724: The seigneury of Rimouski is bequeathed by René Lepage of Sainte-Claire to his son, Pierre Lepage of Saint-Barnabé (1 / 2), and to his other children (1 / 2).
1734: Construction of the first church of St-François-de-Sales, Ile-d'Orléans.
1742: Construction of the first church of Rimouski. The second in 1790.
1744: Maison Lamontagne, wooden house, built for the wedding of Marie-Agnès Lepage (Daughter of Pierre Lepage, 2e Lord of Rimouski) and Basile Côté (27 September 1744). The oldest house in Bas-St-Laurent. It has become a museum in 1982.
1745: The parish priest of Terrebonne abandons his seigniory and yields it to Louis de Chapt, lord of Lacombe.
1747: 1750 The seigniory of Pointe-au-Père, also called La Mollay and Lessard, is gradually acquired by Paul Lepage de la Mollay.
1751: Increase of the seigniory of Rimouski by 1 1 / 4 league of front on 2 deep leagues in favor of Pierre Lepage of Saint-Barnabé.
1756: Paul Lepage de la Mollay hands over his rights in the seigneury of Trois-Pistoles to Nicolas-Dominique Lepage de la Fossaye in exchange for the rights of the latter in the seigneury of Rimouski
1762: Construction of a first chapel in Rimouski.
1762: The February 22, marriage of the ancestor Gaspard Lepage and Madeleine Gauthier-Landreville to the Assumption.
1762: December 3, death of Louis Lepage, parish priest and lord of Terrebonne.
1775: The seigneury of Pointe-au-Père is shared by Paul Lepage's heirs (Isabelle Lepage, Marie Lepage, Pierre Lepage of Saint-Barnabé, Thérèse Lepage, Cécile Lepage, Geneviève Lepage, Véronique Lepage and Lepage de Saint-Germain).
1787: Construction of a second chapel to replace the first in Rimouski.
1790: Joseph Drapeau acquires the seigneury of Rimouski and Métis. He becomes lord of Rimouski and Métis.
1823: Construction of the third church of Rimouski. The oldest stone church in eastern Quebec, which will become the regional museum of Rimouski 24 June 1972. It is located between the cathedral and the Rimouski Maritime Institute.
1825: Construction of the house occupied today by Pierre-Paul Lepage, on the top row at Rimouski, a house built by Pierre Lepage and Agnès Ruest (Mr. 29 January 1811), renovated several times thereafter.
1829: Canonical erection of the parish of Sainte-Luce, on the territory of the former lordship Lepage-Thibierge of Anse-aux-Coques.
1833: Appointment of the first resident parish priest of Rimouski. The seigniory belongs in part to the heirs of Joseph Drapeau and in part to the heirs of Louis Lepage, Charles Lepage, Paulette Lepage, Jean Lepage, Ulger Lepage, Édouard Pouliot, Victor Rehel, Alexandre and Etienne Côté, André Côté, Théodore Gagnon, Pierre Gagné said Bellavance, Hilaire Saint-Laurent, Octave Ruest, Siméon Lelièvre, Nicolas Lévesque and Olivier Pinault.
1854: Abolition of the seigneurial regime.
1854: Construction of the current Cathedral of Rimouski which will be finished in 1862. Opening the 9 January 1862. Erection in the cathedral 15 January 1867 by Mgr Jean Langevin and consecration 28 may 1953 by Mgr Charles-Eugene Parent.
1858: The 10 march, canonical erection of the parish of St-Anaclet de Lessard, on part of the territory of the former lordship of Pierre Lessard.
By Marius Lepage